Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship– To help the meritorious students of economically backward families in the State of West Bengal pursue higher education. So the Government of West Bengal has launched this scheme. To provide scholarships at various levels of higher education in West Bengal-based educational institutions. The Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme thoroughly expand in 2016. To cover more students and significantly increase the amount of scholarships.
What is Post Matric Scholarship?
Before Understanding Post Matric Scholarships, You Must Understand What is Matric or matriculation?
Let’s go back to the nineties. Earlier, from the 11th class to higher study examination called matriculation or matric. On the other hand, below the 10th class study is called pre-matric.
Also, Scholarships are divided accordingly. So is, the scholarship is given to the pre-tenth class which classes are called Pre-Matric Scholarships. So the scholarships given from the eleventh class onwards are called Post Matric scholarships.
What is the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Eligibility
- The scheme benefits students studying in the regular mode of classes XI and XII. And at the undergraduate level in science/arts/commerce, engineering, medical, and technical/professional courses. Postgraduate students are doing Science / Arts / Commerce and Technology / Management. These scholarships will approve on the basis of merit-co-financing of eligible students.
- Students must pass the final qualifying examination at least (a) with 60% marks in total (75%) From West Bengal Council for Higher Secondary Education / Madrasa Education or Undergraduate Level Scholarship. For Higher Secondary Level (b) Total of 60% marks in Diploma Course from AICTE Approved Institution and Approved with Undergraduate Level Scholarship with WBSCT & VE & SD. In Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy course) or approved by State Medical Faculty for undergraduate level scholarship (2nd-year Pharmacy course through Lateral entry) AICT of West Bengal for 55% marks university or Post Graduate Level Scholarship in Graduation Course from Aggregate / Any State University E Approved Institute (Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy).
- Students pursuing M.Phil courses and doctoral courses (non-net junior research fellows and net-lectureships) from state-aided institutions will come under this scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship scheme will offer to female students as Kanyashree (K3) applicants. After obtaining a postgraduate degree with a total of 45% marks from the state’s universities pursuing postgraduate courses in science, arts, and commerce streams the state’s universities.
- The Family income must not exceed Rs. 2,50,000 / – per annum.
- As the payment will make only through direct beneficiary transfer. So it is mandatory to provide the bank details of the applicant such as the A / C number, name of the bank, and IFS code of the bank.
A hard copy of the application will not require.
- Candidates who are opting for these scholarships are considered eligible. Will not be able to enjoy any other government (central / state) scholarship or stipend at the same course/study stage. However, one-time grants or assistance from any source, or free or part-time scholarships approved by host institutions will not prevent students from availing the benefits of this scheme.
How to get Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Income Certificate
You must first collect a format for the Income Certificate. You can find this format on Swami Vivekananda’s official website. The format is called Model Proforma for Income Certificate.
After collecting this format, you need to fill it well. Also, sign this form with a BDO from your area or the municipality.
Read More–What is The Aim of Physical Education
Disclaimer: Also, keep in mind that there should not be any mistakes in the income certificate. And remember that if you make an income certificate with any false information. So if trying to hide the source of income of your family then it will consider a criminal offense. At the same time, you will have to repay the grant amount due from the scholarship, and in the future, you will deprive of any scholarship. So provide all the information accurately and correctly.
What are the Required Documents For Fresh Application
- Secondary examination mark sheet or equivalent (both aspects)
- Last Board / Council / University / College Examination Marksheet (Both Parties)
- Admission receipt
- Certificate of family income (not applicable for Kanyashree)
- Aadhaar ID / Voter ID / Ration Card / Resident Certificate as a Certificate issued by the concerned authority
- Scanned copy of bank passbook (1st page, including A / C number and IFSC)
- Certificate from a competent authority. Such as HOI for not admit in the previous academic year (this option will only appear when the applicant selects the year of an eligibility test as 2020 at the time of registration)
How to Get Domicile Certificate
To get the domicile certificate, you first need to apply online. You can do the online application yourself if you want or you can apply from any computer center or cafe. To apply for a domicile certificate you need to go to the official website of the e-district and log in. If you do not have a login ID, sign up and create a login ID. After that, if you go to the All Service option and do a domicile search, then the Local Residence(domicile) Certificate option will come up. From there, fill out the form well, print out a copy and submit it to your BDO or municipal office, which will give you the domicile certificate.
How to do Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal
First, you need to log in with your old ID and password to your Swami Vivekananda Scholarship portal. Then you need to submit the following documents-
- Copy of final exam mark sheet of the current syllabus. (In the case of both party and semester examination methods, both semester mark sheets).
- Admission receipt for promotion to the next higher class.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Website-Do You Want to Know How to Apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Click Here.